Tuesday, June 15, 2010

SSF Interrogation


 Michael Webb


SSF: What do you think the next party trend will be in in 2011?

Michael: At the rate things seem to be going-poverty parties. See how many people you can feed with $20, then everybody else has to leave.
SSF: What is in your fridge right now?

Michael: I just got some pickles. I never used to like them, but I like them a lot now. I don't think I'm pregnant, though.

SSF: Orgies--yay or nay?
Michael: In principle? Sure.  In practice? Don't think so.

SSF: Thoughts on Fig Newtons:

Michael: Delicious beyond words. Delicious beyond the point they have any right to be. But, like Taco Bell, aftereffects leave a lot to be desired.

SSF: Define 'Douche bag:'

Michael: Well, it kind of defines itself, doesn't it? I think of it, colloquially, as something that just involves deliberate, unnecessary bad behavior. Like telling your friends that someone of your mutual acquaintance isn't any good in the sack, or sleeping with your friend's ex. Stuff that you do because of a lack of character, but with the added flavor that you could have just as easily not done it, and you just did it anyway.

SSF:  What is your least favorite body part and why?

Michael: Depends-on myself, I could lose the belly for sure. On others? I don't think there's a part of a woman's body that is not appealing.

SSF: What E-Zine are you most addicted to, besides SSF?

Michael: That's a good question. I am fond of 3:AM (3ammagazine.com) and various challenges like Monkey Man's Sunday 160 (http://petzoldspracticalprose.blogspot.com)(a 160 character story) and Velvet Verbosity's 100 Word Challenge(vv100words.blogspot.com) (a story in 100 words).

SSF: Why?

Michael: I love the challenge of a small space, packing emotion and intensity into each word. You don't have many, so you have to make them count.

SSF: What city did you live in prior to your current home?


Michael: I say Boston, which is what a lot of Bostonians say when they live in the suburbs. I grew up in the Boston area and moved to the Philadelphia area in 2001.

SSF: If you were in hell and could commit any sin, which would you choose?

Michael: Gluttony, no question. You could argue I'm committing it on Earth, too.

SSF: What have you written that you are most proud of?


Michael: That's a solid uppercut of a question right there. Right at this moment, it's a 100 Word Challenge story called "Unpacked" that you can find here: vv100words.blogspot.com/2010/05/difficult-choice-again.html

Tomorrow, it may be something else.

SSF: Any last words?


Michael: "Only connect." -EM Forster

No comments:

Post a Comment