Sunday, August 15, 2010


SSF Interrogation With..

of
Florida

SSF: Tell us a little about your writing process. Do you work better in the morning or night? What music do you listen to while writing? Where do you write? What do you drink while you write?

J.B: I keep a writing schedule where I write Sunday-Tuesday. If I write on additional days, awesome, but I have to write on those days.  When I write poetry, I don't listen to music at all.  When I write fiction, I'll listen to The National or Bon Iver.  When I write, it is in my living room unless I am not at home, then it is where I can open my net book and write.  I write sober but I will drink Red Bull or other stimulants.

SSF: What was the last song you danced to?

J.B: Electric Six's "I'm The Bomb"

SSF: If you could only eat one type of candy for the rest of your life, what would it be?

J.B: Twix.

SSF: What is the last sentence you wrote that you are proud of?

J.B: "Never stop the wedding during the ceremony", Michael said, pointing to the sickle shaped scar beneath his right eye, "The canyon dug by the bride's engagement ring last forever."

SSF: Do you believe in reincarnation? Please explain.


J.B: No.

SSF: Fill in the blank: I wish my life had more _______ in it.

J.B: jet packs

SSF: Any tips for all of the writers out there?

J.B: Fail.  Fail hard.  Survive it.

SSF: Any last words?

J.B: It was all worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment