Monday, March 29, 2010

Butt Sex

by Mike Meraz

dressed up like a tart
but the facade can only go so far
one day you will have to give up the goods,
the brains, the intelligent conversation,
unless you just wanna fuck
then we can work something out.

we sit by the rail
where the ocean lay,
talk about stupid things,
where you were born and that,
all I can think of is my truck
and you in it.
when I met you it is all
I had on my mind.

we walk over to the pizza shop,
didn’t you know pizza is the ultimate
aphrodisiac?
it is pre fucking food,
piled with ingredients
and toppings.

we don’t talk much,
you are very quiet,
I know this will not lead ANYWHERE
substantial
a way to a man's heart is through
his cock,
and we kiss in the truck
and you back up
against the passenger window
playing the victim,
I don’t care,
have your wayward fantasies.
it is not what I was thinking of
when I met you.

I just saw that body
and those eyes
and the way you looked at me
in the parking lot.

we left, held hands at the corner market,
exchanged phone numbers
and now here we are
a weekend later.

fuck, good times,
here in Los Angeles.
you and me
and nothing between us
but sex.

Mike Meraz
is a poet from Los Angeles who currently lives in New Orleans. He is the author of two books of poetry Black-Listed Poems and All Beautiful Things Travel Alone. Both are available at Lulu.com and Amazon.com. He is also the editor of Black-Listed Magazine.
SSF:
What's one thing you did this week that you are proud of?
Mike: I stayed in bed, all day, literally.

2 comments: